IARA’s Certified Automotive Remarketer Program: CAR-19
COURSE: CAR-19 Legal and Ethics
Overall Module Purpose
The CAR candidate must be able to identify, describe, and discuss the legal and ethical issues and requirements associated with remarketing used vehicles
Upon completion of the course, the CAR candidate will have a cursory knowledge of the legal and ethical issues involved in remarketing: Auction Firm/Auctioneer Licensing; Sales Tax; Product Liability; Disclosure Obligations; Agent/Principal Law. The course will focus on a brief overview of the legal aspects associated with used vehicle remarketing. NOTE–The course is not sufficient for the candidate to obtain a dealer license or auctioneer license, nor to rely on for legal advice.
At the completion of this module, participants will be able to:
• Explain the legal status for all the parties involved in the auction remarketing process.
• Explain the sales tax requirements.
• Explain the seller’s disclosure obligations and product liability.
• Describe the primary legal issues involved with the remarketing process.
• Describe the agent/principal legal aspects.
• Explain and give examples of ethical and non-ethical behavior.
Return to CAR Program Overview