Click here to download this Press Release as a printable PDF.
Date: April 12, 2011
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: International Automotive Remarketers Alliance (IARA)
Matt Marks, Executive Director
U.S. Bank Joins The IARA
Minneapolis, MN – U.S. Bank has joined the International Automotive Remarketers Alliance (IARA), a nonprofit organization composed of remarketing professionals dedicated to the continuous improvement of the vehicle remarketing industry.
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB), with $308 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2010, is the parent company of U.S. Bank, the fifth largest commercial bank in the United States. The company operates 3,069 banking offices in 25 states and 5,310 ATMs and provides a comprehensive line of banking, brokerage, insurance, investment, mortgage, trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions. Visit U.S. Bancorp on the web at www.usbank.com
The IARA was created in 2001 in response to a realization by several vehicle remarketing organizations that this multi-billion dollar per year industry had no direct representative organization. The IARA conducts two semiannual Roundtable industry meetings, one of which is in conjunction with a national remarketing conference. Further information is available at www.iaraonline.org.
About The IARA
It is the primary purpose of the IARA to provide a forum in which members are able to maximize remarketed vehicle portfolio values. Functions include:
- Facilitate standardization of processes within the industry.
- Provide a medium to facilitate joint initiatives among Alliance members.
- Develop performance measurements for the industry.
- Provide a forum for sharing ideas, knowledge, and best practices.
- Encourage and support member adherence to the IARA Code of Ethics.
- Share information on legislative and regulatory issues impacting the
- Provide a lobbying body to address legislative issues.
- Provide a process of continuing education focused on the support of best
practices in the remarketing industry.